college sex party pics mature sexx young preteensex ethnic teen pussy nurse nanako hentai black nice tits cerita sex situs 04.jpg index mature tgp amateur movie video amateur adhesive live sex webcam chat live sex webcam chat susended by tits beckinsale kate scene sex underworld how to sex a cat lesbian strap on dildo

Booking Through Thursday (10.15.09)

booking through thursdayThis question for this week concerns weeding – books of course:

When’s the last time you weeded out your library? Do you regularly keep it pared down to your reading essentials? Or does it blossom into something out of control the minute you turn your back, like a garden after a Spring rain?

Or do you simply not get rid of books? At all? (This would have described me for most of my life, by the way.)

And–when you DO weed out books from your collection (assuming that you do) …what do you do with them? Throw them away (gasp)? Donate them to a charity or used bookstore?  SELL them to a used bookstore? Trade them on Paperback Book Swap or some other exchange program?

I just recently went through every book upstairs and found some titles with which I was ready to share the book love. It wasn’t as difficult or as heart breaking as I thought. I offered some to family and friends and then hauled the remaining boxes to the used bookstore. I wish I could say that I was completely generous and donated with nothing in return. Nope but I did trade for books. I needed something to fill all of those empty, lonely spaces on my bookshelves and closets and dressers and….I cannot wait to see the bounty when I save up the time and energy to organize the books in the basement.

What are your book organizing habits? Are you a purger or will I be seeing you on the next episode of hoarders?

Head on over to Booking Through Thursday to share your choice and to check out others thoughts.

Be Sociable, Share!

posts you may enjoy

Tags: ,

16 Responses to “Booking Through Thursday (10.15.09)”

1. JLS Hall (Joy's Blog) 15. Oct, 2009 at 2:38 pm #

Well, I’m pretty good at organizing my books, but I’m definitely a hoarder, too. When they start overflowing my bookshelves, I tend to send them to storage rather than donate or throw out. Not the best idea, but I just can’t seem to break the habit. Guess I need an intervention or something.

• christine (booktumbling) 17. Oct, 2009 at 5:35 am #

I am usually a hoarder and trust me, I have pretty much replaced any books that I removed. It will be a long time before I purge again.

2. lilly 15. Oct, 2009 at 3:23 pm #

Lol! You will probably see me in the next hoarders episode. I am horrible at cleaning up my bookshelves. i’m hoping that one day I will get myself to do major cleaning.

• christine (booktumbling) 17. Oct, 2009 at 5:36 am #

My goal is to not be on that show! It is difficult when it comes to books!

3. Novroz
    Twitter: Novroz
    15. Oct, 2009 at 3:29 pm #

I haven’t weeded yet And maybe I will never weed coz I only bought the books from my fav writers.

But I do swap books that I dont like…as you said in my blog, it’s a bad habit because we will be replacing not cleaning…what can I say? I am a hoarder

• christine (booktumbling) 17. Oct, 2009 at 5:36 am #

Yup, kind of defeats the purpose of weeding when you just plop something else in its place.

4. Joseph 15. Oct, 2009 at 3:37 pm #

For me, running out of shelf space means I need more shelves, not less books.

• christine (booktumbling) 17. Oct, 2009 at 5:37 am #

Now that is the right attitude!!!! Maybe I need to rethink this whole running out of space issue.

5. diane 15. Oct, 2009 at 4:56 pm #

Christine, you get credit for giving some books up, even if you got a few new ones…LOL enjoy
    .-= diane´s last blog ..<a href=\ =-.

• christine (booktumbling) 17. Oct, 2009 at 5:37 am #

Thanks, I like to share books but have to admit, I do not give up any favorites.

6. Vicki 15. Oct, 2009 at 5:12 pm #

I’m mostly a hoarder, but the books I have are very organized.

• christine (booktumbling) 17. Oct, 2009 at 5:38 am #

Organization helps. The overgrown book garden may not seem so out of control if it was organized and manageable.

7. Rosemary 15. Oct, 2009 at 8:27 pm #

Oh hooray, I’m not the only hoarder in the comments! I was starting to feel a bit ashamed reading all these BTT answers–most people are pretty good about “weeding” out their collections. But I’m glad to hear the cleanup experience was not heart breaking for you–I seriously picture myself grasping my books screaming “NOOO! I need this one! And that one! And that one too!”

• christine (booktumbling) 17. Oct, 2009 at 5:40 am #

I didn’t give up any favorites so that is why there was not too much heartache. I also made sure to give those titles that were a little more difficult to give up to family or friends. I figure, if in the future I decide “hmmm I think I want to read that one again” I know where to find the book.

8. Mervi 17. Oct, 2009 at 10:15 am #

I’m a hoarder at heat but I have a small apartment. Luckily, I can hoard all the ebooks and audiobooks I want! Haha!

9. Matt 19. Oct, 2009 at 9:11 am #

I should weed out books more than I do. I tend to accumulate finished books in a pile and weed ut the ones I don’t want to keep. Recently I start leaving books at coffee shops and laundromats instead of brining boxes to goodwills.